Monday, December 6, 2010

The Grammatically Incorrect Use of the Word "Your & You're"


There is nothing more visually offensive (with the exception of a few bitches who have no business wearing the colors brown and black together and whom also take it upon themselves for reasons unbeknownst to me, to ruin my day every day as I walk by them in the CCB, ahem) than the misusage of the words "Your & You're." Did you skip K-5? Or maybe all of high school? My eyeballs recoil in terror. As you indecently assault the poor pronoun, YOU'RE taking a machete to the heart of poor ol' woebegone Ms. BlaBla, YOUR elementary school English teacher (right through her hideous double-knit sweater and array of pins and other flair that at the tender and hardly fashionable age of 10 you still manage to deem a fashion faux pas). While YOU'RE texting me and telling me "YOUR e-mail never went through," I'm thinking that YOU ARE stupid... and P.S....IT DID!!!!! As I watch the undoing and inevitable ruin of our English language, I also notice similarities between those individuals that misuse "Your & You're" and characteristics of people who pee in the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment